Monday, July 26, 2010

Thing Twenty

)

I searched YouTube, found my video and then signed in. However, I put the wrong year on my birthday and now it won't let me do anything. That's okay because I cannot access YouTube through HISD anyway... So on to TeacherTube. Searching is a little more cumbersome than Youtube, but I found what I needed. This is a video I love to show my students. They really have no idea of the impact of Martin Luther King Jr. until they view this video. Third grade has a planner on Human rights and we study many activists and this is a great way for the students to get to know the actual person. I have plenty of books with the speech written, but hearing Martin Luther King say it is incredibly powerful. Last year I happen to have parents in the room and they were mesmerized because they had never seen the actual speech either!

No comments:

Post a Comment